Join the Celebration of Nations Parade
All parade entries must have an international theme or demonstrate traditional representations of culture. Concepts can include music, fashion, dance, sports, or any other idea that promotes the theme of Celebration of Nations, “One campus, One community, One world.”
Each parade entry will be judged by a panel of distinguished members of the Missouri S&T and Rolla community. The panel will evaluate parade entries using the judging criteria in each of the five categories below:
- Most Visually Appealing: Creative and attractive use of materials, props, and costumes.
- Country Ambassador: Participants and flag bearers show total pride in walking on behalf of their country.
- Best Traditional Representation: Traditional clothing used by participants, walking participants, or floats represent ethnic heritage.
- Best Community Spirit: Demonstrates pride in their organization and fits the Celebration of Nations theme.
- Best S&T Organization Spirit: Demonstrates pride in their organization and fits the Celebration of Nations theme.
- Maximum Dimensions for all Floats:12 feet high, 15 feet wide, and any length.
- Pulling Mechanism: All participants must provide their own pulling mechanism and transportation (if applicable). The pulling mechanism must be previously approved on your entry form.
- All parade entries must be submitted by September 11, 2020.
The Parade begins on 11th street in front of the Chancellor's residence. Parade participants will line up and head south on 11th Street using the walk way between Centennial Hall and Schrenk Hall. The parade will head east on 11th Street and turn south onto Rolla Street. The parade continues south on Rolla St. then turns east on 7th St. and north on Pine St. The parade heads north on Pine St. until it joins the festival at 9th St. near the Rolla Band Shell.
Join us at the Celebration of Nations parade
Interested in joining the parade without a float? Please e-mail your name, contact information as well as countries/concepts you would like to represent at the parade. We will get back to you with a registration confirmation as well as on-the-day details a week before the event.