Join the Celebration of Nations Parade
Interested in joining the parade? Please e-mail us your name, contact information as well as countries/concepts you would like to represent at the parade.
All parade entries must demonstrate traditional representations of culture or have an international theme. Concepts can include music, fashion, dance, sports or any other idea that promotes Celebration of Nations theme of “One campus, One community, One world.” To enter a float idea for consideration, please fill out the 2017 CON Participation Registration & Competition Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by September 4, 2017.
While in the parade, the floats and walking participants will be judged by distinguished members of the Missouri S&T and Rolla community. They will use the following 5 categories and criteria for judging:
- Most Visually Appealing: Creative and attractive use of materials, props, and costumes
- Country Ambassador: Participants and flag bearers show total pride in walking on behalf of their country
- Best Traditional Representation: Traditional clothing used by participants, walking participants, or floats represent ethnic heritage
- Best Community Spirit: Demonstrates pride in their organization and fits the Celebration of Nations theme
- Best S&T Organization Spirit: Demonstrates pride in their organization and fits the Celebration of Nations theme
The parade will come down Rolla street to 7th Street and then to Pine, turning right on 9th street to arrive at the band shell. We have four categories of prizes for the parade.
- Maximum Dimensions for all Floats:13 feet high, 15 feet wide, and any length
- Pulling Mechanism: All participants must provide their own pulling mechanism and transportation (if applicable). The pulling mechanism must be previously approved on your entry form.
- All parade entries must be turned in by September 4, 2017.
The Parade begins on 11th street infront of the Chancellor's residence. Parade participants will line up and head south on 11th street using the walk way between Centennial and Schrenk Hall. The parade heads east on 11th and makes a right turn onto Rolla Street. The cultural celebration continues heading South on Rolla Street until it turns up East on 7th street and North to Pine Street. The parade marches north on Pine Street until it joins the festival at 9th street near the Rolla Band Shell.
Join us at the Celebration of Nations parade
Interested in joining the parade without a float? Please e-mail us your name, contact information as well as countries/concepts you would like to represent at the parade. We will get back with you worth a registration confirmation as well as on-the-day details a week before the event.