While in the parade, the floats and walking participants will be judged by distinguished members of the Missouri S&T and Rolla community. They will use the following 5 categories and criteria for judging:
- Most Visually Appealing: Creative and attractive use of materials, props, and costumes
- Country Ambassador: Participants and flag bearers show total pride in walking on behalf of their country
- Best Traditional Representation: Traditional clothing used by participants, walking participants, or floats represent ethnic heritage
- Best Community Spirit: Demonstrates pride in their organization and fits the Celebration of Nations theme
- Best S&T Organization Spirit: Demonstrates pride in their organization and fits the Celebration of Nations theme
As you set up your booths for the event, keep in mind that you can also win an award in one of the following categories:
- Most Creative: hand-made items, visually appealing, and innovative booth
- Most Educational: informative materials about the culture that engages the audience
- Good Neighbor: excellent group dynamics, family friendly (the group you’d like to be placed next to!)
Exhibition awards are for student organizations only. Judges receive a list of all student exhibitions on a clipboard and are sent forth to judge!
Celebrate Talent, formerly known as International Idol, a traditional part of Celebration of Nations, will once again take place at the festival grounds. Got talent? Auditions are scheduled for September 4th and 11th, 2018. For more details and to sign up, e-mail us and check back the Celebrate Talent page for updates.
Celebrate Talent 2018 categories:
- Best Dance Performance
- Best Vocal Performance
- Best Instrumental Performance
- Best Individual Performance
- Best Group Performance
- Most Unique Performance
Photo and video contest
Celebration of Nations invites all shutterbugs to participate in our annual photo contest! There are two categories of prizes: Parade and Exhibition.
- 1st prize in each category - $75 value gift from Missouri S&T Bookstore
- 2nd prize in each category - $50 value gift from Missouri S&T Bookstore
- 3rd prize in each category - $25 value gift from Missouri S&T Bookstore
Photographers are invited to submit high resolution photographs of activities from the 9th annual Celebration of Nations event, Sept 29th.
Images should be at least 300 dpi or 5 megapixels. Attach the photo in an email titled, “photo contest”. Winning photos will capture one of the following attributes: community pride, sharing of culture, or celebration of our diversity.
Deadline for submission: midnight on October 24, 2018.
All submitted photos will be considered for use in publicity materials; winning photos will be showcased in an exhibit in conjunction with International Education Week, November 12-16, 2018.